Happy, happy 2018! It’s safe to say I’m not particularly disappointed to wave goodbye to 2017. While the year was filled with lots of incredible opportunities and delightful memories, I am super ecstatic to see what this new year has to offer. There are lots of exciting things coming in 2018, and I can’t wait to share them with you.
One of my resolutions that I aim to accomplish throughout the year is to be more consistent in my blogging. I’ve had so many awesome followers ask me why I abruptly stopped posting. I took a three-month hiatus from posting on my website in hopes of being more present in my physical life and less focused on my ‘social media life.’ However, I find blogging to be somewhat therapeutic at times when I feel like my mind is cluttered with random, insignificant stressors, or I’m simply just bored.
You may have read the title of this post and thought to yourself, “hmm… 21 is a random number.” But alas, yours truly has a method behind my randomness… 2018 is the year I turn 21 and I could not be more excited. Only 123 more days, but who’s counting? 😉
Okay… I could go on for days about things that you probably don’t care to know, so here we go! Here’s my list of 21 NY Resolutions that are so simple, your dog could probably do them (ok, that may be a stretch):
- Drink more water- for the past couple weeks, I’ve quit sugary sodas and I’ve only been drinking water. I can already see changes in my skin! It may be a difficult switch, but it’s soooo worth it!
- Eat your veggies!
- Charge your phone in another room while you sleep
- Be honest (!!!!)
- Limit your time on Netflix
- Work hard, play harder
- Keep your body moving- walk, walk, walk. Seriously, do it. Even if you’re only walking around the mall, you need to stay moving this year, you’ll see such an improvement in your physical health and overall mood.
- Cook more Pinterest-approved recipes
- Give more hugs- you never know who may need one
- Don’t procrastinate
- If you feel yourself getting flustered, take a deep breath or walk around the block, it’ll help clear your mind.
- Call your relatives- c’mon now, it’s not that hard! Sure, you may be on the phone for a while, but catching up with family is definitely worth them talking your ear off. (I know my grandparents are laughing at this as they read it)
- Take more bubble baths
- Spend less time on social media sites
- Don’t hide or try to change your obnoxious laugh
- Volunteer for something you’re passionate about
- Make your bed (I’m confident that my mom did a victory dance reading this one)
- Don’t let people take advantage of your kindness
- Pick up a book- *gasp* I know. Reading sucks. But all of the smart people do it.
- Be a little selfish- I know this sounds odd, but take time for you. Indulge in ‘me’ time and, as Tom Haverford says, “treat yo’ self!”
- If it doesn’t make you happy, it doesn’t need to take up space and time in your life.
I hope that 2018 is the most incredible year for each and every one of you! Thanks a bunch,