Hey everyone! First off, thanks for visiting me on my site. I love reading all of the comments and kind words that you all have to say. It means so much to me that people are actually taking the time to read my words. So thank you!
Second, happy (late) Father’s Day! It’s always a perfect day to show your gratitude to the men in your life who have put their hearts and souls into parenting and caring for their children. I’ll tell you right now, I don’t know how my dad does it. He is the epitome of a great father. He has given me the world and prioritizes my family above everything else.
So in honor of this special day, here are six reasons to be forever thankful for fathers:
- Their humor… if your dad is anything like mine, he can turn the darkest day into light just by cracking a few dad jokes.
- Their strength… okay, my dad might not be able to carry a horse or pull a car, but he is a constant source of strength in my family. He is the toughest man I have the privilege of knowing. Even through tough times he is my Achilles heel.
- Their stubbornness… this is a continuing joke within my family. My dad is pretty headstrong and doesn’t linger on his decisions which is extremely frustrating at times, but also has been a very important trait that I have learned growing up. He has taught me to stand my ground and be committed to my opinions. I find it critical to feel confident enough to voice my opinion and he has given me the confidence I need in myself.
- Their unconditional love… this one is pretty cliché, I admit. However, I don’t know anyone who loves me as much as my father does. I know that he would do just about anything to make sure my family is safe and well. He really is the most incredible man who I have ever known and I love him so much.
- Their protective nature… I always feel safe with my father.
- They demonstrate the love you deserve… my mom and dad have been happily married for almost 24 years. Thanks to him, I know the power of love is never fleeting. He has shown me that the perfect man does exist and has taught me how critical it is not to settle.
Well, I could go on and on about how much my father means to me, but I gotta go spend some time with him today! Don’t forget to hug your pops everyday!