Hey again, glad you decided to stop by.
Today I wanted to share a few date outfits as well as fun date ideas for all you lovebirds out there! I am such a hopeless romantic so this post is right up my alley.
Outfit 1: Off-the-shoulder top & miniskirt
I would recommend wearing something like this for a fancy dinner with the beau or a night out with your girlfriends. This style of top shows off your shoulders while still being somewhat conservative (except for the length, sorry dad). I bought this whole outfit from Topshop. This orange-red skirt is quickly becoming one of my favorite items in my closet. Funny story, after buying the top & skirt, I read the label and discovered that they were from the ‘petite’ collection. I’m 5’9″ so I most definitely do not qualify as petite in height….that explains why the skirt is so short. Whoops! I have become such a big fan of chokers this season, they are so simple and effortless. They look great with off-the-shoulder tops because they draw attention to your collarbone.
Outfit 2: Navy slit dress
Navy is my go-to color for the wintertime. It’s so classic and looks amazing on any skin tone. This dress is from Missguided, one of my favorite online retailers. The neckline is so elegant and what I adore most about this item is that it can be dressed up of down. Pair it with a pair of booties and a jean jacket and viola! you have yourself a perfect outfit for going out to lunch with friends. I am known to overdress, so I chose to wear it with a pair of Marc Fisher chunky wedges and a Free People choker.
- Ice skating (good excuse to hold onto each other for dear life 😉 )
- Go to a Mexican restaurant (love is temporary, tacos are forever)
- Take a trip to your local art museaum
- See a romcom at an upscale theater
- Go dancing at your favorite club (& depending if alcohol is involved or not, sing karaoke)
- Play a board game in the comfort of your own home
- Go on the Navy Pier Ferris wheel at sunset
- Show off your horrible bowling skills
- Go on a nature hike (this will give you an excuse to break out your cutest boots and matching parka because nature, duh)
I hope this post inspired you to get out there and do something fun with your cutie!