Hello loves! ♥
I am so excited to share this post with you all. Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays because absolutely everything is pink! Even if you don’t have a significant other, it is still a time to express to your family and friends how much they mean to you and show them their value in your life.
OK the sappy part is over, now it’s time to talk about the cutest V-day sweats! Wildfox is notorious for making the softest jumpers and it’s safe to say I’m obsessed. I have a space in my closet reserved solely for these sweatshirts (can’t help myself!). These jumpers tend to run slightly on the smaller side, so I recommend sizing up! Whether you’re going out on a casual date with your boyfriend, or binging your favorite Netflix show at home, these sweats will keep you feelin’ warm and cozy! Click the links above to check out these cute styles.
Side note- I absolutely love to bake festive treats around the holidays so these champagne cupcakes that I found on Pinterest are on my list of to-do’s! If you’ve ever met me, you know that I am quite the girly girl, so the pink color of these cupcakes pulls on my heartstrings a little.
Have a lovely day. Xx,
Heres the recipe:
- 1 box Betty Crocker white cake mix
- 1¼ cups champagne (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp champagne extract (optional)
- Pink gel coloring
- ½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup champagne (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- 1 tsp champagne extract/flavoring (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, egg whites, extract and mix until smooth.
- Mix in cake mix powder, alternating with champagne until batter is just combined.
- Finally, mix in some pink gel coloring.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool down for 10 minutes. Then, remove them from the cupcake tray and place them on a cooling rack.
- In a deep bowl, mix together butter and shortening until smooth.
- Add champagne and extract and mix again.
- Add powdered sugar (1 cup at a time), while continuing to mix until frosting is light and fluffy.
- When the cupcakes have cooled down completely, attach Tip # 1M to a piping bag and fill it with frosting.
- Pipe swirls on top of all the cupcakes and top them off with a small pink candy ball.