“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
I hope that you had the most incredible holiday break and spent lots of time with family, friends and loved ones. Wintertime is the best for staying in and cozying up by the fire to a good movie! Its also a time that I start thinking about setting goals and objectives for next year. To be honest, I have really slacked off in this department over the past couple years, so I am hoping that 2017 will be a year of change.
Its so funny because I find myself thinking of awesome resolutions all throughout the year, but when it actually comes down to it, I struggle with coming up with ideas. I intend on making 2017 the best year yet and I want to share some of the resolutions that I have considered setting for myself! I encourage everyone to make goals for themselves, its a great way for you to accomplish your goals while still maintaining a clear image of what you want to do.
I’m attaching a quick list of five things that I plan on changing in my daily routine. They are not very extreme by any means so don’t expect too much! They are just small changes that I think will make a big impact.
- Avoid soda. Unfortunately, over the years I have built a dependency on Diet Coke. I could drink two bottles everyday. Not only is Coke extremely addictive, but it provides no nutritional benefits. Aspartame is one of the ingredients in Coke which gives it that sweet flavor. This ingredient has been shown to cause cancer in individuals. How horrible!
- Treat my hair better. I absolutely love doing my hair. Curling it, blow drying it, straightening it, coloring it you name it, I have probably done it. I have seen adverse effects of heat on my hair through my split ends and broken strands.
- Workout. Ugh, not even going to go into detail for this one because it will give me anxiety.
- Stop procrastinating. I take the cake for the world’s worst procrastinator. I seriously wait until the last minute possible to complete an assignment. This can be very, very stressful when it comes to school work! I intend on cutting this from my routine by creating and maintaining a strict work schedule. By outlining what you need to accomplish, you can get things done way more efficiently. Studies have shown that if you write something down (like a list) you are way more likely to accomplish it.
- Explore new places in the city. Chicago is great because it offers endless dining, shopping and other interesting opportunities. I find myself eating at the same places and returning to the same stores. This year, I want to venture out of my comfort zone and try new things!
I’ll let y’all know if I actually stick to these goals!